1) 16 people went on this hike
* 4 cars (4x2, 3x1 from carpool A, 5x1 from carpool B). All
but one person was on-time, did not wait. Thanks to all who
2) Total distance: 8.5 miles
3) Total elevation gain: 2,000'
4) Started hiking at 8:32 am, finished at 2:36pm.
* Crossed Pescadero Creek twice - took a total of more than
* Unmarked trails and inaccuracy of maps lead us off-track
and into YMCA camps
* Saw a nice variety of mushrooms, including the edible
Golden Chanterelles - see here
for more info.
* We had to cut short the hike because of time lost to crossing
the creek and the off-map detour into the YMCA camps.
* I'll probably repeat the planned paths on another hike
in the summer. The totaly distance will be more like 16-18
miles, not 12. Elevation gain would be around 3,000'.
* 8 people joined the Chinese New Year get-together afterwards
and cooked up lots of dishes, fresh dumplings (including
skin), and scallion pancakes! Also did personality tests
and talked with ghosts :-)